October 2012 saw the tragic loss of 9-month-old Millie Thompson. Millie was under the care of Ramillies Hall School and Nursery when she choked on her lunch and lost her life.
At the time of the incident, the supervisor on site’s first aid training certificate had expired. Could Millie’s death have been prevented if every staff member had up to date training in paediatric first aid?
In the year 2013- 2014 approximately 620,000 people had an accident in the workplace with 133 fatalities recorded in the UK alone. The last thing you want as an employee is to feel unsafe in your working environment or to obtain an injury that could severely impact your day to day life.
Could you tell me what you had for dinner every night last week? Or how about what you picked up from the shops last Monday? It can be very easy to forget things that only happened a short time ago, never mind 3 years ago!