Does your Workplace know about Mental Health First Aid?
Date: Thursday, 30 January 2020. -
Blog, Mental Health First Aid, First Aid
We are delighted to have launched the TQUK Level 2 Award in Emergency Response for Mental Health in the Workplace (RQF) here at Imperative Training. We understand that mental ill health is common and that the need for Mental Health First Aid is just as important as the need for Physical First Aid, especially in the workplace.
The TQUK Level 2 Award in Emergency Response for Mental Health in the Workplace (RQF) course is regulated by Ofqual, with the purpose being for individuals in a workplace setting to gain skills and knowledge to help with people suffering from poor mental health.
The course is split into 7 sessions and upon completion, learners are able to:
- Understand mental health, and the difference between mental health and mental illness
- Understand how awareness of mental health has evolved in the UK
- Understand the impact that mental health conditions have on an individual
- Be able to identify and describe UK legislation that supports mental illness
- Describe the impact that UK legislation has in supporting individuals with mental health conditions in life and in work
- Identify the consequences of not following UK legislation in relation to mental illness
- Understand a number of mental health conditions, and be able to describe the signs and symptoms of various mental health disorders
Mental Health Awareness
By introducing Mental Health First Aid, we aim to help break the stigma surrounding mental illness in the workplace.
With the help of Mental Health First Aid England, some progress has been made in raising awareness about mental illness in the workplace, training over 2.6 million people so far. Mental Health First Aid is already being seen as just as important as Physical First Aid by some business leaders in the UK.
1 in 3 adults have been formally diagnosed with a mental health condition. Yet, just 16% of employees feel comfortable talking about their mental health with their managers.
Over 15.4 million working days are lost each year to stress, anxiety and depression which costs UK employers £35 billion each year. Positive mental health in the workplace will not only help business goals, but also an improved level of employee satisfaction and retention.
Physical First Aid is known to have the ability to be life-saving. With suicide rates continuing to rise in the UK, Mental Health First Aid will improve knowledge, insight and the ability to respond to mental health-related illnesses
To find out more about the TQUK Level 2 Award in Emergency Response for Mental Health in the Workplace (RQF) do not hesitate to contact us on 0161 776 7420 with any questions you may have.