Fire Safety in the Workplace
Date: Thursday, 30 April 2015. -
Blog, Fire Safety
Last year alone the Fire and Rescue Services in Great Britain attended 212,500 fires with 322 fire-related deaths recorded.
If you are a business owner you are responsible for putting precautionary measures in place to ensure the safety of your staff.
Here are a few points that you should consider in terms of fire safety:
- Have you carried out a fire risk assessment of the premises?
- Are members of staff aware of the risks identified?
- Are your fire exits clearly marked?
- Do you have fire escape facilities for disabled people?
- Do you carry out regular checks on fire alarm systems?
- Do you have more than one designated fire marshal to cover absences?
There are so many more aspects of fire safety to consider; for instance did you know that there are five different types of fire extinguisher for use on different types of materials?
We have a number of fire safety courses available to guide you through everything from the basic principles of fire safety to how you should handle a fire extinguisher. Overall our courses give you the essential knowledge that you need to be fully prepared in the event of a fire.
We also have some helpful tips on how to deal with burns and scalds.