12 Days of First Aid Tips: Burns & Scalds
3# Burns & Scalds
- If you burn or scald yourself, it is important to rinse the injured area under cold water for at least 10 minutes
- To protect the burnt area from infection use a non-fluffy sterile dressing or cling film and don’t burst any blisters
- Never remove any clothing that is stuck to the burnt to the skin as it will cause further damage
- Remove any jewellery in the affected area before it starts to swell
- Large or deep burns must be treated in hospital or burns of any size with white charred skin
The sooner you treat burns and scalds the more likely the casualty is to make a swift recovery. To discover more useful first aid tips download our first aid app for free by searching for imperative training in your app store.
We also have a vast selection of courses appropriate for a range of working environments, contact our customer service team to discuss our training packages on 0845 071 0820.