Health & Safety
Get to grips with Fire Safety, Safety and Manual Handling and Health and Safety with this category. Book onto an e-Learning course by clicking the blue button.
Fire Warden/ Marshal
|Fire Warden/ Marshal|
This course teaches learners how to carry out the duties of a Fire Warden/ Marshal. With an extensive look into fire regulations and precautionary measures, learners will be fully equipped with all of the skills they need to oversee fire safety and use a fire extinguisher effectively. The course will also allow organisations to fulfil their obligations outlined in the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Learning important legislation relating to fire safety
- Understanding the chemistry of fire and classes of fire depending on its source
- Learning the appropriate procedure to tackling fires
- Understanding the causes of fire and how to minimize the risks
- Finding out about emergency lighting
- Learning more about fixed fire fighting installations, fire alarms and fire hazards
- Learning how to conduct regular fire safety inspection and how to keep a fire log
- Discovering how risks are identified
- Extinguisher use and recognition (theory aspect)
A half day or 60-minute online course
Fire Safety within the workplace is of utmost importance, which is why companies must now be dedicated to providing their employees with sufficient fire safety training on a yearly basis as well as having a full risk assessment carried out on the premises keeping in line with the new Regulatory Reform (fire safety) Order 2005.
This course is designed to teach employees the fundamentals of fire safety within the workplace. This will give them a clear understanding of what procedures to follow, should a fire occur in the workplace to ensure their safety.
This course will also cover;
- Your responsibilities as an employee
- The Fire Law and Legislation
- Potential fire hazards and risks
- The common causes of fire
- Fire detection
- What action to take on discovering a fire
- Fire safety management
- Fire fighting equipment in the office
A half-day or 60-minute online course
Safety & Manual Handling
This Asbestos Awareness course is aimed at those whose jobs may require them to work in environments where there is a risk of Asbestos.
The course targets building the learners’ awareness and knowledge of Asbestos and the potential hazards posed by asbestos containing materials (ACM’s); a summary of the legislative measures in place to safeguard workers is also covered in this module.
Content covered in this course includes;
- History of Asbestos
- Identifying possible health effects
- Your responsibilities
- Treatment of asbestos
- Removing asbestos
The 2002 COSHH Regulations were created to protect individuals whose health was potentially at risk due to exposure of hazardous substances whilst at work.
Our COSHH training course is designed specifically for employees who frequently come into contact with or handle chemicals regularly as part of their daily work.
An ideal course for those just being inducted into the company and those who need to redo the course as to keep with the new regulations, our COSHH training will provide learners with vital knowledge to ensure their safety whilst at work.
Candidates will discover;
- Which substances are hazardous to health
- The potential effects of this
- The regulations in place which control the use of hazardous substances
- Risk assessment control measures
- The procedures for using hazardous substances
- CHIPS Regulations
- Common workplace injuries
A half-day or 30-minute online course
Slips, trips and falls : Hospitality
Slips, tips and falls - healthcare
|Slips, tips and falls - healthcare|
Serious injuries to those working within the catering and hospitality industry are often caused by simply slipping or tripping, something which can occur anywhere but most often happen whilst in and around the kitchen. Slipping and falling can often result in a broken bone or worse and as a catering assistant, chef cook, waiter or bar worker – working within these roles puts you most at risk.
As an employee, you have a legal duty to look after yourself and be mindful of your colleagues whilst at work. This course focuses on how to prevent the risks of tripping within your workplace, and the steps you can take to protect yourself and colleagues from injury.
Modules covered on this course include
- An overview of the course
- Why slips and trips need to be prevented
- Why slips and trips occur
- How you can prevent them
30-minute online course
A bad fall can lead to a serious lasting injury, this course aims to teach learners the factors leading to people suffering a fall and how to identify these early to aid prevention.
In addition to this, this course also looks to recognising factors which could potentially signify medical problems, which are treatable but must be acknowledged.
Learners will explore;
- Understanding the costs and implications of falls on patients and their families
- How organisations are affected by this
- Recognising where the risk of falls can be reduced
- Understanding who is at risk of falls and injury
- Understanding the importance of bone health in relation to falls risk
- Knowing the roles played by other staff in the prevention of falling
- Knowing what to do in the event of a patient falling
Half day of 60-minute online course
Working at height
|Working at height|
This course is catered for individuals who are required to work at height as part of their job role. The course will outline certain practices and safety equipment to help delegates to eliminate risks, creating the safest working environment possible.
- Gaining an understanding of the relevant regulations and legislation in terms of health and safety and working at height
- Identifying the hazards of working at a height and understanding how to avoid them
- Discovering the importance of carrying out risk assessments
- Being able to select the right piece of Personal Protective Equipment for each task
- Understanding the importance of Maintenance, Record Keeping and Inspections
- Establishing responsibilities of both employees and employers
Moving and handling of objects
|Moving and handling of objects|
This course outlines all of the appropriate legislation surrounding moving and handling operations to ensure that candidates will become familiar with the correct way to push, pull, carry and lift heavy loads. Once learners have established how to employ these techniques they will be able to eliminate risks maintaining their health.
- Discover the theory behind moving and handling
- To learn the appropriate techniques of moving heavy loads
A half day or 30-minute online course
Health and safety
|Health and safety|
The Health and Safety Legislation states that employers are now required to provide adequate Health and Safety training for themselves and/or their employees to ensure a safe working environment for all.
Upon completion of this course, you are ensuring that your employees are complying with the current legislation and are contributing to creating a safe working environment.
This course will cover;
- What is Health and Safety
- What is counted as Health and Safety related accidents and ill-health
- Health and Safety within the workplace
- The legal responsibilities and requirements of each workplace
- Policies and procedures
- Workplace hazards
- How to report accidents and record keeping
Half day or a 30-minute online course