National Pool Plant Operators Qualification
The Active IQ Qualification in Swimming Pool Plant Operations is accredited at Level 3 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) and consists of four units.
Interested in booking this course?
Call us on 0161 776 7420 or enter your details below and we’ll call you.
Qualification Expiry Reminder
Get reminded when your qualifications are due to be renewed with our FREE qualification expiry reminder service. Simply fill out the form below and you will be reminded 3, 2 and one month before your qualification is due to be renewed.
This qualification provides the necessary underpinning knowledge to understand the requirements for efficient and safe pool plant operation in today's high-tech swimming pool industry.
Who is it for?
This course is ideally suited to individuals in the industry who wish to have their experience and knowledge recognised by a formal qualification.
In addition to this, sport and recreation organisations with a need to train their staff to an agreed nationally recognised standard in pool plant operations and adults wishing to pursue a career in the Active Leisure sector as a pool operator would also make suitable candidates.
Students wishing to go into sport and recreation as a career should also take this course to achieve the most industry relevant qualification in preparation.
- The design and operation of swimming pool plant.
- How to maintain water that is in "balance" and is safe and pleasant to swim in.
- The principles of testing pool water and the remedial action required to restore ideal conditions.
- The technical requirements for ensuring the safe and effective operation of the pool plant.
On completion of this qualification the learner should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- The responsibilities of pool operators to provide a safe pool environment.
- The causes of swimming pool water contamination.
- The importance of good pre-swim hygiene
- The importance of good cleanliness in the swimming pool environment
- The principles of a simple swimming pool water circulation system
- The recommended temperatures for pool water
- The principles of pool water chemical dosing
- The essential tests to ensure swimming pool water quality
- The importance of maintaining swimming pool water quality
- The importance of good record keeping
- Correct pool water testing techniques
- The importance of safe and effective swimming pool management
- The legislation which affect swimming pool operations
- The different types of infections associated with poor pool water quality and hygiene
- The implications of the mains water supply in the treatment of swimming pool water
- Testing of the mains water supply
- The circulation systems of swimming pools
- How to control the disinfection of pool water
- The principles involved in chlorinating swimming pool water
- How to maintain balanced pool water
- Water testing for swimming pool water
- The principles of heating and ventilating the swimming pool environment
- The staged processes of pool water treatment
- The different approaches to swimming pool filtration systems
- The process of backwashing a filtration system
- The different types of valves commonly used in swimming pool plant
- Backwashing of the filtration system
- The risks involved in the storage and use of chemicals for the treatment of swimming pool water
- The hydraulic flow of swimming pool water
Maximum number of learners
16 (dependent on the size of the training room)
Book your place
If you would like to be a part of our next Pool Plant Operations course, download our brochure for more details or give us a call on the telephone number above.