National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
Book an Appointment
Interested in booking this course?
Call us on 0161 776 7420 or enter your details below and we’ll call you.
Who is it for?
This qualification is an ideal starting point for a career in the leisure industry. Lifeguards benefit from varied working hours - flexible and able to fit around your personal commitments.
On completion of this course, candidates will understand their roles in response and rescue. They will know and understand responsibilities, the importance of maintaining standards and the uniform and equipment requirements.
- High-quality training
- First Aid training including CPR and life-saving skills
- NPLQ certificate (2 year duration)
- Exam paper
- Practical in-water & out-of-water assessment on pool rescue
- Be 16+ years of age on the date of assessment
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out of the pool unaided without using a ladder/step where the pool design permits
The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification & course is provided by RLSS UK, the content is split over 3 sections which include:
- The lifeguard and the law, swimming pool supervision
- Intervention and rescue and emergency action plans
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, AED and first aid
Minimum 36 hours (15 of which are required to take place in the water)
Minimum of 3 hours for the assessment
Maximum number of learners
Book your place
If you would like to be a part of our next NPLQ, download our brochure for more details or give us a call on the telephone number above.