This Catheterisation course is aimed at RGN’s and Care Staff to provide an understanding of catheterisation, the reasons for it and the equipment used in this process.
Urinary catheterisation is a medical procedure used to drain the bladder and collect urine using a tube called a catheter. From this course learners will obtain a better understanding of this procedure and will explore the practice in depth.
This course will cover;
- Definitions and methods of catheterisation
- Differences between supra-pubic and urethra catheters
- Advantages of urinary catheters
- Disadvantages of catheters
- Reasons for catheterisation
- Male/female anatomy
- The theory of male/female catheterisation procedure
- Post procedure catheter positioning
- Post procedure check list
- Record keeping
Half day or 60-minute online course