Who is it for?
This qualification is an ideal skill for those working within the leisure and hospitality industry including Fitness Instructors, Catering Staff, Receptionists and Engineers. This qualification can also be used to back up the lifeguard team.
By the end of the course candidates will understand their roles in responding and rescue. They will know their responsibilities, the importance of maintaining standards, employer’s role and the uniform and equipment requirements.
- High-quality training
- First Aid training including CPR and life-saving skills
- Level 1 equivalent qualification
- Emergency Response Pool certificate upon successful completion
- Physical training
- Theoretical classroom work
- Practical in-water & out-of-water assessment on pool rescue
The Emergency Response qualification & course is provided by RLSS UK, the content is split over 4 areas which include:
- Pool Safety Theory
- Life Support
- Emergency First Aid
- Water Rescue Skills
During this two-day course our trainers will cover:
- The emergency responder’s role, Pool Safety Operating Procedures, types of pools & swimmer safety information.
- Responding to an emergency and the Emergency Action Plan.
- Managing spinal injuries.
- CPR and First Aid (optional Automation External Defibrillator (AED) Element).
- Managing an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- Managing an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- Management of a casualty with external bleeding.
- Management of a casualty who is in shock.
- Management of a casualty with a minor injury.
- Optional Pool Extraction Board (PXB) within a small pool environment.
2 days (14 hours)
Maximum number of learners
Candidates who have previously completed the Emergency Response Pool course may undertake a 7-hour refresher course. This may be followed up with a review at the end of the 7 hours, along with a set of face-to-face questions and a demonstration of practical skills.
Book your place
If you would like to be a part of our next Emergency Response Pool course, download our brochure for more details or give us a call on the telephone number above.