|Dementia - an understanding|
We have designed this course to benefit those working with people with dementia within a care environment.
Taking part in this course, candidates will;
- Learn what is meant by the term “dementia”
- The different types you may encounter
- Be taught how to support those suffering from dementia
- Be shown how to provide care to manage their change in behaviour
- Learn strategies which will provide both the carer and the individual a way to manage their symptoms
The above will provide learners with skills in which to support carers and persons suffering from dementia, as well as establishing a general understanding of dementia and the issues which universally surround this.